Thursday, July 17, 2014

Clean Eating, Dining Out

Wednesday night is couple's league golf for Keith and me; we absolutely love it. We have met some great people and developed some great friendships along the way. Usually after golf we go out to dinner, our date night. The last couple weeks we have not gone out to dinner but just home instead. It's close to 8:30-9:00 by time we get home. Keith has been traveling so much with golf and work lately, we decided to have a little dinner date night after golf. He was craving sushi so we went to Osaka for dinner. I love sushi. It is one of my absolute favorites, but the ones I love aren't exactly the healthiest- tempura, tempura, tempura. Keith ordered his usual, everything delicious, and it was my turn to order. I was just about to order the lobster roll- tempura tempura tempura- and justify it in my head as my cheat meal for the week, knowing I have my first bridal shower on Saturday, but something inside just said no! Instead of lobster roll spilling off my tongue, sashimi sampler came out instead.When our food came out did Keith's look incredibly delicious? Abso-freaking-lutely. But there comes I time when you have decide to be strong, the yo yo yoing stops now, you have to be accountable for your actions. No more excuses! You have to be accountable. This is not a diet I'm on, this is a lifestyle.  And you know what? At the end of the meal, I felt pretty darn good and proud of myself. I didn't leave the restaurant bloated, stuffed, feeling gross, ashamed. I left that restaurant PROUD. That was truly an eye opening moment! 

YOU ARE WORTH IT!  


No comments:

Post a Comment